We're looking for a diligent Accountant to keep our books and records on track with unwavering accuracy.
For our Financial department, we’re currently looking for a Conscientious Accountant. We're looking for a diligent Accountant to keep our books and records on track with unwavering accuracy. The most successful candidate will have a natural passion for problem solving and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial transactions within the organization. This position requires a high degree of autonomy, yet also needs to be an excellent team player. You will play an enormously important supportive role in our tight knit organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Post and process journal entries (sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank statements, expense accounts, deferred and accrued charges…) to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable
- Update accounts payable and prepare payments
- Prepare invoices and ensure timely payment
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; analyze and reconcile accounts payable ledgers
- Processing of monthly balance sheets, income statements, yearly statuary accounts and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Prepare monthly group consolidation focusing on eliminating inter-company transactions
- Update financial records to ensure that information is accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist the CEO & CFO in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/yearly closing
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant domain
- Proven experience as an experienced accountant
- Proficient in Dutch
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong with numbers and figures and analytical acumen
- Proficient understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and familiarity with relevant ERP Financial software, previous experience with Netsuite is considered as a major added value
- Engaged team player, however able to work independently and flexible
- Agile and with a curious nature, ready for the challenges of a young, growing organization in full and multifaceted expansion
- Open-minded, self-aware, with strong interpersonal competencies
At Octinion you will become part of an innovative, challenging work environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Since we are a young company the career opportunities are ample. We will give you the training you require to further develop your expertise and knowledge. You'll work at our main office in Leuven.
Mail us your CV and letter of application
Are you interested in a challenging job in a young and innovative atmosphere? Send in your CV and letter of application, mentioning the job you’re applying for to email@example.com. In case you still have questions or you want more information, you can always give us a call.